Tuesday, February 8

Let me explain...

I don't typically do things as they're supposed to be done. In fact, I have a history of taking the longest route possible to get somewhere while also injuring myself figuratively and literally along the way. My latest "experiment" is one such example. What have I done now? Well, let me tell you:

            1) Unexpectedly quit paying, benefits-providing, craptastic job to

            2) Pursue dream of being a working writer in any form that will pay cash
                money (i.e. copywriter, editor, fiction and non-fiction writer).

Neither of these things would be considered all that monumental if we weren't experiencing the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. As it is, if my experiment doesn't work and I'm unhireable, untalented, uninteresting, or unmotivated, I'm totally hosed. Why? Because failure is another craptastic job not easily found in our current economy, another craptastic job until I retire in 30 years unless I die of a heart attack before then due to stress from previously mentioned craptastic job.

Good grief.

And so it is that I am here attempting to carve the life I want and not settle for the one I ended up with because I wasn't paying attention. But it isn't just that. The fear of not having paid employment contributed significantly which I have conveniently done away with by quitting the afore mentioned paying, benefits-providing, craptastic job.

But wait, we haven't met. Let me introduce myself properly:

"I am the Ah-ha! Copywriter and this is my experimental life."

More on myself, craptastic jobs, and my latest catastrophe, I mean experiment, to follow in the ensuing months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a message, but make sure it doesn't suck.